Last visit was: It is currently November 17th, 2018, 10:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Dollywood trip
PostPosted: May 1st, 2014, 9:28 pm 

Since it had been 7 years since my last trip, this one was long overdue. First thing I noticed is that Pigeon Forge has grown and that driving up Parkway at night felt like we were in Vegas.

At the park I headed straight to the back of the park to hit Mystery Mine and noticed that Wild Eagle was right around the corner, which I would have know if I had bothered to peek at a map. So I headed to Eagle with its lovely wood and masonry station for my first ride of the year. It goes without saying that riding in the front seat with winter’s chokehold still over us wasn’t the brightest idea. It was a great smooth and refreshing ride. Over the day, I had about 7 rides.

I went across to Firechaser Express with its cool set up as an outpost fire station including an old-school fire truck and other storyline tidbits. A nice little family coaster but I think the back section could have been a little longer. Overall, I had about 7 rides throughout the day also.
Attachment:
IMG_1049.JPG
IMG_1049.JPG [ 84.37 KiB | Viewed 2183 times ]

Attachment:
IMG_1047.JPG
IMG_1047.JPG [ 81.3 KiB | Viewed 2183 times ]

I then went back to Mystery Mine for a very jolting and headache-inducing ride. A few hours later, I tried again hoping that it would be a different experience but it was just as bad. Had one ride on Thunderhead, just wasn’t feeling the woody that day, but it was a great ride that still holds up.

Headed back over to other end of coaster valley to ride TN Tornado. It wasn’t the best ride with quite a bit of head banging but not too bad. I then had my first ride on Blazing Fury. It was a neat little ride that reminds me of the mansion. I exited the park to go out for lunch and a walk around the Old Mill, which has a great ice cream place, before heading back to the park to enjoy the rest of the day.

I was tempted to ride Splash Battle but I decided to take the sideline and conquer on land. I won many battles until a kid and his man-child got me. As the day wind down, I walked around the park to end it I went back and forth to Eagle and Firechaser.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Dollywood trip
PostPosted: May 26th, 2014, 12:19 pm 

nice.
thanks

Offline Profile